I made a quilt yesterday. Well, it's not actually quilted, so maybe it's just a blanket.
I cleaned out my drawers and I found over 20 t-shirts that I never wear but can't part with. So I turned them into a blanket.
I started by cutting two 14"x14" squares out of the middle of each shirt. Then I sewed the squares in to strips of 5 squares. Then I sewed the strips together into two panels of 20 squares each. Finally I sewed the panels together, back to back.
So I have a nice sized, two sided, throw blanket.
[I'd show you pictures, except my camera is out of batteries.]
If I was to do it again I would put all the squares with designs on one side and all the plain squares on the other, so that one side was all soft.
I would also try to put the shirts in chronological order.
I still might do some sort of quilting to connect the two panels.
1 comment:
That sounds so neat! If you don't want to actually quilt them, you can just do French knots between the squares. I've had good luck with that on a quilt I made.
Alison
Post a Comment