I think I may have inherited this from Dad. He always has a list in his shirt pocket.
I have "to do" lists, "to bring" lists, lists of songs I like, lists of food in the fridge, lists of things to read, lists of interesting conversations to analyze for work....
A billion years ago, when I broke up with Randy (y'all remember Randy, right?) I made a list of all the things that reminded me of him. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. I put them on paper so I didn't have to hold on to them anymore. I did it because I just had a need to, I didn't realize how cleansing it was going to be.
My mantra has become "PUT IT ON THE LIST!" If we're out of toilet paper, "PUT IT ON THE LIST!", if I need to do laundry, "PUT IT ON THE LIST!", if I'm worried about getting work done on my paper, "PUT IT ON THE LIST!" If I can put it on a list, then I'll be able to take care of it. I think it gives me some space and lessens the urgency of things. I don't have to do it right now, because I can put it on a list, and then deal with it when the time is right.
This first list is just a list of things that I wanted to remember to bring to Thanksgiving.
I clearly need to find a better way to photograph post-its. The camera doesn't know how to focus on handwriting.
The first three things on the list are presents. The rest is food. I made all of it except the chapstick, water, and pumpkin bread, which was a gift from Amy.
2 comments:
If your camera has a little button/icon on the back that looks like a little flower, that's the "macro" setting and it should take close up shots. That's how I got the picture of the frost on my peas. Or take it to work and scan it.
I really must know more about the pink fluff.
Good Job! :)
Post a Comment